Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dr. Phan-tastic

Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. ~Joseph Addison

There is a doctor of chiropractics that is known for his ability to correct ADD/ADHD symptoms by balancing out the brain with specific exercises, music and glasses. I know it sounds very unconventional, but I've heard that it works. My cousin has a son who was on ADD medication. She, like me, decided that medication was not the way she wanted to go. So she took her son to see Dr. Phan. He has not been on medication since, his grades have vastly improved and he is a different kid. I am going to set up an appointment with him on Thursday. I'll keep you updated on that aspect of treatment.

As far as nutrition, I need to order a crystalloid form mineral supplement. The crystalloid form is best absorbed by the body on a cellular level and has maximum benefits. I have added Psyllium Husk and Soy Protein Powder to our daily smoothie, in addition to the Yakult. The Psyllium Husk aids is cleansing the digestive tract and the Protein Powder adds a substantial amount of protein to the diet, which we need. I made sure to buy a brand that is organic and meets the strict standards of the Certified Identity Preservation Program. It is important to know that the vitamins and health products purchased are the purest available. There are a lot of companies out there that profit from marketing sub-standard products and rely on the consumer's ignorance. I trust the "Full Circle" brand of food and supplements. It is all organic and of course, more expensive, but worth it.

Daniel's behavior has improved. Not perfect, of course, but better. However, summer time is not as structured and demanding as school. The real test will come in August when he is forced to sit in a classroom and focus for six hours. I am trying to prepare him, as much as possible, for that event.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW! I am learning a lot from reading your blog. I am going to recommend this blog to all my students' parents!

Anonymous said...

Thank you tremendously!

Post a Comment

Thoughts to share?